Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Goal Update: End of February 2018

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of February, 2018
Current value: $38,086
Change from last Month: -$2,186
Percent of Goal:  35.02%




Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.


Events Of Note Last Month:

Ouch. February hit me pretty hard. The price of my Realty Income stock dropped and handed me a more than $2,000 loss this month - roughly a 5% decline. It wasn't just Realty Income however. The whole stock market had a rough end of February. While the drop in value hurts on an emotional level, I viewed this as a buying opportunity and picked up more shares of O in my Tesla account, as well as purchased some more shares of Vanguard Dividend Appreciation Index (VDAIX), my favorite Vanguard fund, in my IRA account.

My SQL courses on Udemy generated $76.07 of income. Those courses also generated $9.88 on SkillShare.I earned $0.58 in ebook royalties.


Net Worth Update

Our net worth shows a $22,919 decrease this month. That marks two months in a row of a declining net worth. Again, this was mostly due to the stock market tanking.





January 2018
February 2018
























If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please drop me a line in the comments section!

0 comments:

Post a Comment