Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Goal Update: End of January 2018

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of January, 2018
Current value: $40,272
Change from last Month: +893
Percent of Goal:  37.03%




Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.


Events Of Note Last Month:

My SQL courses on Udemy generated $225.27 of income. Those courses also generated $10.25 on SkillShare. Not much else noteworthy happened in January, at least as it relates to my Tesla savings. Just putting some money away each paycheck. I did sell some more puts, but this time they were called, so I ended up buying the stock instead of keeping the cash like the last couple of months. That's fine though, as I like the stock and I'll start collecting a monthly dividend.

Oh, there was one noteworthy event: I unlocked a new achievement!


Net Worth Update

Our net worth shows a $16,688 decrease this month. That's not as bad as it sounds. I try to write the monthly updates on the last day of the month so I get accurate figures, but this time I was late and didn't get around to writing this until February 6th. As you may have noticed, the stock market took a big dive yesterday. Had I checked my net worth on January 31, it would have been $826,175 - just about $6,000 higher. Oh well. I'm in it for the long term and there will be ups and downs in the stock market. I'm not concerned.




December 2017
January 2018























Our credit card debit more than doubled! We're taking a trip to Las Vegas in February and we charged our plane tickets. (Man, flights are a lot more expensive from Seattle than from Phoenix! And, sadly, driving there is no longer an option.) Another part of that big credit card number is a furniture purchase. We've got the cash for both of these expenses, but I charge them to get the credit card rewards before I pay them off.



If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please drop me a line in the comments section!

0 comments:

Post a Comment