Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Goal Update: End of May 2016

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of May, 2016
Current value: $23,161
Change from last month: +$343
Percent of Goal:  21.30%

No nice graph this month. Mint has made a change and now you cannot select Property accounts from the Assets graph menu. Since Mint classifies any custom account as Property, I can't make a graph :-(

Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.

Events Of Note Last Month:

Income this month from my online courses was a respectable $134, of which I took out 15% for taxes. My hard money loan continues to pay on time ($133.33 a month). I received $2.30 in ebook royalties.

Update: I had mentioned Paribus in a couple of previous posts as a way to help claim money back from Amazon on purchases using the price drop guarantee. This month Amazon changed their price matching policy. Now, they only offer a price drop guarantee on televisions. Given this, I have cancelled my Paribus account. Amazon was the only retailer I used it for, so there was no point letting it have permission to monitor my email.

Net Worth Update

Our net worth continues to grow, increasing by $8,816 from last month to a new total of $638,205.



April 2016May 2016


Our cash took a big drop, but that's because I moved $5,000 of our emergency fund from a savings account to a brokerage account - note the increase in the Investments category. (More on that move in a future post.) Credit card debt, which includes our HELOC, dropped. We also saw some property appreciation. Mint also includes my work 401(k) in that category and that saw an increase as well, so that contributed to the increase.

If you have any questions or suggestions for topics, please drop me a line!

0 comments:

Post a Comment