Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Goal Progress - End of August 2014

At the end of each month, I post an update of my goals, including a brief discussion of any notable events that might have occurred during the month. The latest month's figures can always be found under the Featured menu in the menu bar at the top of the blog.

Last updated: End of August, 2014
Current value: $7,464
Change from last month: + $774
Percent of Goal:  6.86%



Note that the funds in this account are invested in stock, so there will be fluctuations in value that are outside my control. I never withdraw money from this account, so any dips are purely due to stock price changes.

Events Of Note Last Month: August was a good month. I was hoping to hit 7% of my goal, but I didn't quite make that. My refinance is done and with my new budget, I am now regularly putting money towards this goal, rather than just putting any extra money I get towards it, as I was doing earlier. I sold one more signed Stephen King book, which accounted for about $250 of this month's savings. Nothing else stands out - it's just the accumulation of regular weekly contributions, plus stock price appreciation. I had some small income from my online courses, but nothing major.

The next big milestone - $10,000 is in sight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment